Facts About Jamaica
1. Realistically SpeakingJamaica is the first in the Western world to build a railway only 18 years after Britain and before the United States.
2. The Milk River Bath and Mineral Spa is the most radioactive spa in the world. Its waters are nine and three times more radioactive than those at Bath, England, and those at Karlvoy Vary, Czech Republic respectively.
3. Jamaica is the first English speaking Country in the Caribbean to gain Independence, which was in 1962 and that was a fact.
4. Besides the United States, Jamaica is the country which has won the most Olympic and world medals which is also a fact.
5. Jamaica is 3rd place on the list of countries to have ever won the Miss World titles the most.
6.The Golf Club in the parish of Manchester is the oldest hotel in the western world and was established in 1868 in Jamaica.
Facts About the Brain
- Weight. The weight of the human brain is about 3 lbs.
- Cerebrum. The cerebrum is the largest part of the brain and makes up 85% of the brain’s weight
- Water. The brain is made up of about 75% water.
- Read aloud. Reading aloud and talking often to a young child promotes brain development.
- Stopped growing. Your brain stopped growing at age 18.
- Oxygen. Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen in your body.
- Blood. As with oxygen, your brain uses 20% of the blood circulating in your body.
- Laughing. Laughing at a joke is no simple task as it requires activity in five different areas of the brain.
- No sleep. It goes to follow…lack of sleep may actually hurt your ability to create new memories.
- Pain. There are no pain receptors in the brain, so the brain can feel no pain.
Facts About Breast Cancer
Realistically Speaking we do not know what causes breast cancer, although we do know that certain risk factors may put you at higher risk of developing it. A person's age, genetic factors, personal health history, and diet all contribute to breast cancer risk.
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women after skin cancer. It is the second leading cause of cancer death in women after lung cancer.
2. The United States has the most cases of breast cancer in the world.
3. When breast cancer spreads beyond the breast, it is said to be “metastatic.” The most common places breast cancer spreads to are the bones, liver, and lungs.
4.Breast cancer was often called the “nun’s disease” because of the high incidence of nuns affected by the cancer.
5. Not all lumps that are found in the breast are cancerous but may be a fibrocystic breast condition (disease), which is benign.
Women should try to get in the habit of doing a self breast exam once a month. Becoming familiar with how your breasts feel and look is an important part of establishing good breast health
For health tips take the time and visit: